Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Mein Kampf, Unsere Kaempfe (Leider)

So a Maine couple allegedly kidnapped their daughter to take her to New York for an abortion because they didn't like the fact that the father of the baby-to-be is black.

From the Portland Press Herald:

SALEM, N.H. - A North Yarmouth couple, distraught about their daughter's pregnancy and the race of the unborn child's father, threatened to kill her, him and themselves if she didn't get an abortion, authorities said Monday.

Nicholas and Lola Kampf allegedly kidnapped their 19-year-old daughter, Katelyn Kampf, from their home on Friday and drove toward New York, where abortions are more easily available.

Katelyn Kampf, who graduated last year from the Waynflete School in Portland, escaped and called police from her father's cell phone, which she had hidden during the earlier melee, police said.


I'm just trying to put myself in someone else's shoes for a moment. I think that, if my family's surname were fully fifty percent of the title of the autobiography of Adolph Hitler, my family would have unanimously changed it to something like "Judenlieber." If they hadn't by the time I turned the age of majority, I'd have done it myself.

I also wonder what the heck these parents were thinking. "Well, let's kidnap her, get her to New York, knock her out cold, and get a doctor to perform an abortion while she's unconscious..... No, wait, we'll have to kidnap a doctor, too. And an anesthesiologist, and a nurse or two. After it's over, we'll fly to Venezuela, where a name like Kampf won't stick out."

Peace,

Tor

Filed Under: