Sunday, March 12, 2006

Failure to Launch: Pretty Good

I got to see the majority of Failure to Launch Friday night, and can't understand why the Rotten Tomatoes score stands at a mere 29%.

This is a really funny movie. The audience was laughing a great deal. When they weren't laughing, they were paying attention to the movie, so I didn't have to ask anybody to be quiet.

If I hadn't been required to watch the movie as part of my job, I wouldn't have gone to see it. Now that I've seen it, I've recommended it to my wife.

Before I started up the projector at the Colonial, I had no idea that Zooey Deschanel was in the film. She steals every scene she's in.

The supporting cast is much better than McConaughey and Parker, in general. I'm not a fan of either of them, so it's good that there's some considerable talent on the bench.

Think of this as a less raunchy alternative to Wedding Crashers. It's a classic sex farce that could have easily been plotted centuries ago.

Peace,

Tor
Filed Under: