Monday, October 30, 2006

New Taxpayer Bill of Rights Commercial (Open Trackbacks)

For the benefit of those who've noticed that I've been MIA from the blog for more than a week, thanks for noticing. Things are well. As a matter of fact, my day job, which I've written about in a necessarily vague way previously, has kept me very busy lately. As a matter of fact, it seems that the very good news I've been waiting to hear for months will indeed come about. I'm still in finger-crossing mode here, but things do look good.

I sure wish I didn't have to work two jobs to live in Maine. I know the folks in this political commercial are actors, but the prospect of needing to move from the lovely state of Maine because of its high tax burden is one that I've been contemplating for a very long time.



Another note: The good news about my day job means I'll be out of state for long stretches of time in the coming weeks, in order to receive training. If this post is still on the front page throughout November, please feel free to send your trackback pings to it. (I've always been liberal in accepting pings well into Wednesday, anyway). I'll put up links on the weekends, when I'm home. I'm not sure about whether I'll have much time for blogging while I'm away, so please don't worry about me. In this case, no news is really good news.

Peace,

Tor

This is this week's open trackback post. You may trackback on most any subject, provided you link to this post. Click here and here and here for more info on open trackbacks. I'll be very busy Monday and Tuesday, but should have a chance to put the links up late Tuesday night or Wednesday night, at the latest.

Comedian Jenee has a nice rant about Hollywood's Silly Scene.

Freedom Folks have an Exclusive Interview with Larry Wachs.

Chaotic Synaptic Activity would like to draw your attention to a program to provide laptops for wounded veterans.

123beta chimes in with some fun Halloween stuff.

Bernie Planck lets us know about Hillary Clinton's qualifications, and also the qualifications - ahem - of Scarlett Johansson.

Renaissance Blogger talks about atheism.

Tagged as: