Thursday, October 5, 2006

Jane Desaulniers, Anne Beebe-Center and the Scandal That Wouldn't Go Away

Just when you think the whole matter of former Knox County Administrator Jane Desaulniers had been long laid to rest, Commissioner Anne Beebe-Center goes and writes a letter to a local newspaper that opens the whole mess up again.

From the Courier-Gazette:

Beebe-Center, who is seeking re-election to the board, submitted a letter to the editor, which appeared in the Sept. 9 edition of The Courier-Gazette, rebutting some claims made by Desaulniers.

One of the terms of the agreement was that neither party was to make disparaging remarks about one another....

"While it is understandable that she would be upset with me for not supporting the generous severance package the other two commissioners voted for her, which she apparently hoped her unsubstantiated claims would assure her, I hope you, my constituents and the taxpayers of this county will stand behind me in my decisions and will disregard the unsubstantiated charges that have been made," [Beebe-Center] continued.


In my previous post about Jane Desaulniers and Anne Beebe-Center, I tried to be even-handed in assigning possible fault to both the commissioners and to the former administrator. With this latest development, it's becoming more and more apparent that Beebe-Center is a bumblingly incompetent commissioner. I hope the residents of Knox County fail to reelect her. I don't know anything about Bradford Carter, but I have to think he's going to win. Or better yet, the residents of Maine should put all county commissioners out of work.

Peace,

Tor