Friday, September 23, 2005

Just Put the Kids in the Trunk

The Washington Post is covering the trial of an Alabama woman who rented a Nissan Sentra to take a trip from Alabama to Loudon County, Virginia:

Authorities allege that Brown rotated her 10-year-old and 8-year-old daughters in and out of the trunk because the Nissan Sentra she had rented was cramped with three other passengers and a dog. Also in the car, they have said, were Brown's infant daughter, her 12-year old daughter and the girl's 12-year-old friend.


Now I can distinctly remember some family vacation trips that seemed a bit crowded, but nothing like that. I remember my sister and I would ride in the back of the station wagon frequently (which would likely have landed my parents in the slammer a mere twenty years later). But we had plenty of air, and were always within sight of our folks.

It's true that renting a minivan would have cost a great deal more, especially with the cost of gas these days. But it's also true that lots of folks are putting off or canceling vacation trips these days for that very reason. My wife and I went on a camping vacation in northern Maine this year because we needed to do something on the cheap.

If you can't afford it, don't do it. Simple as that. Book her, Dano. Oh yeah, she's already booked.

Peace,

Tor

Categories: ,


Technorati tags: , ,