Friday, February 17, 2006

Belfast Dodges the Bullet

Nobody blogging in or about Maine news can ignore the wonderful news that Bank of America will be keeping the MBNA site in Belfast open. I've refrained from blogging about this big story while the future was uncertain, due to the relationship one of my employers has with both MBNA and Bank of America, and the fact that another of my employers is married to the Mayor of Belfast. I will need to refrain from detailed blogging about it because that is still the case. However, I don't think I'll get into too much trouble by expressing my happiness for my friends and neighbors who work at the Belfast site. I'm sure that I'll be able to sense a great change in the atmosphere when I visit the site Tuesday morning.

Peace,

Tor

Tagged as:
Filed Under: