Saturday, October 22, 2005

Natural and Artificial Beauty

The town of Lincolnville, Maine will be arguing over whether a proposed cell phone tower will "unduly obstruct or have an unreasonable adverse impact on" the scenic view from Bald Rock Mountain.

I say it will improve the scenic view.

(c) FreeFoto.com
photo courtesy of FreeFoto.com


I have always thought that communications towers are beautiful things, particularly jutting up from a mountainside. Especially lit up like a Christmas tree. As much as I deplore the rudeness of some of the end users of the communications network, I have to admit that the structures look particularly marvelous.

No doubt the authorities in Lincolnville will take into account the aesthetic sense of folks like me.

Peace,

Tor

Categories: ,

Technorati tags: , ,