Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Marion Barry Should Have Hired the G-Man

Marion Barry got mugged at his home Monday night. I'm not sure what the point of having someone turn themselves into the police is, if you're not going to have them charged.

This brought to mind an audio tape of a walking tour that Marion Barry and G. Gordon Liddy took through inner-city Washington, D.C. some years ago. I've been trying to search for a transcript or audio file of it. If anyone has a link, please send it over. Here follows a paraphrase, from my hazy memory:

Liddy asked what some young African-Americans were up to. They were watching the proceedings with a suspicious level of interest.

Barry said, "It's all right. You're safe, because you're with me."

Liddy said, "To the contrary, you're safe because you're with me!"

Guess Liddy was right.

Peace,

Tor

Category:

Technorati tags: ,