Thursday, July 28, 2005

Caffeine

I realized about a week ago that I've been drinking too many diet colas containing caffeine. So Saturday, I stopped. I'd gotten to that point by working all the extra hours at the theatre lately. It didn't help that my lovely wife Rowan and I took in a double-header of The Wedding Crashers and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last Thursday. Now that things seem to be back to their normal level of insanity, I've been able to bear the withdrawal symptoms. I don't necessarily plan to stop for all time; I just want it to be effective when I need to use it in the future. I have a friend in Massachusetts who quit caffeine entirely almost twenty years ago. She's still plenty hyper, tho.

I have a great deal of empathy for anybody who is trying to quit any addiction. Caffeine is hard stuff to drop. Anybody who is trying to quit nicotine, or anything else, has my best wishes.

Peace,

Tor

Categories: