Monday, November 14, 2005

Meditate Your Way to a Better Brain

A very small study at Massachusetts General Hospital seems to indicate that Buddhist meditation not only alters brain patterns, but also actually thickens parts of the brain.

I'm always skeptical about studies like this, especially when they're so small. Since I haven't read the original research, I have no idea about the exact methodology. But I can attest from personal experience that meditation can change thought and emotional patterns. I've been a bit of a slouch for a while in this regard. Maybe this study will give me the gentle nudge I need to spend more time on the cushion.

By the way, thanks for all the well-wishes. I really feel much better now, tho some of the infection will take a while to clear up.

Peace,

Tor

Categories: , ,